Monday, May 25, 2009

2nd First Date

Our first date (John and me) was way back first semester, freshman year of college.

I don't remember what we did. I think it was attending a free concert for "cultural events credit" at our school. He may remember differently. I don't know if we even called it a date!
But, a local church in Parker is giving us the opportunity for a 2nd first date, this coming Sunday.
Southeast Christian Church, where Caroline attended preschool this past year

(please wait a moment while I remember how sad I am that school is out for the summer)

Thanks...anyway...the church is providing a special evening for couples. Including FREE childcare (AND they feed them pizza), free showing of the movie FIREPROOF at the theater of the Wildlife Experience, and the chance to go out to dinner ALONE afterwards and discuss! They'll keep our kids from 5-10:00!

We've yet to see the movie, Fireproof. I've heard great things about it. Our church bought tickets and gave them to the firemen at the station next to our church building. My real-life friends have blogged about it here and here. I'm excited to see it.

If you're in Denver, and want to get in on the free, open to ANYONE action...register here.

I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Are you telling me that we missed a FREE date? =) Totally would have been worth the trip to Denver.

    I'm pumped! You have a blog now! =) You mom must be THRILLED!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!